Monday, May 10, 2010

Day 1

I woke up at 930 am for an Athletics Department meeting in the Athletic Function Room. The meeting consisted of Gregor, Jake Johnson, Kelly, Keith and myself. I didn't realize how much stuff went on behind the scenes in the Athletic Department. They strategize about how to make practices at the best times possible so kids can get to meals on time and also not have too much free time and possibly get in trouble. Keith and myself took place in a 2 hour workout and worked out certain parts of our body to trigger different muscles and see their tolerance. I returned to the Athletic Training Room at 1 pm and I stayed there until 6 pm with no breaks. Kelly and Chris' days are so long, I was very tired by 3 in the afternoon it was tough to stick it out for the rest of the afternoon. I learned a lot about the business aspect in the trainer's room today. Chris and I took inventory on two very over stuffed shelves in the trainer's room. Their were so many different types of band aids, gauze, bands, rehab tools, treatment materials etc. and Chris knew exactly what all of them were. This took us over 2 hours and we didn't even complete half the room. I felt that I was able to help with a lot of the busy work today and take some of the pressure off Kelly and Chris. I got to drive the Gator around and put out all the team's waters and pick them up again at 5:45. I learned briefly to tape an ankle. I got to practice 3 or 4 times on different ankles but still have not mastered it. Tomorrow I hope to master the taping and get some good inventory work done.

No comments:

Post a Comment