Thursday, May 20, 2010

Day 10

The days keep getting longer. Another 7 and half hour day in the office. Today was by far the most I have gotten accomplished in a single day in the Athletic Training Room. Chris, Kelly, Keith, Hannah and I all did work with the back board. We practiced possible spinal injuries/ situations and went into all the details and techniques of how to correctly put a patient on a back board. After that our one patient of the day came in with a fractured finger, and I observed Chris make her a splint. Even though there was not a lot of people in the room today, I had to do a ton because Chris and Kelly are preparing for next year and cleansing everything for the end of the year. I was an absolute machine in reorganizng and stocking the medkits for the fall. I even beat Kelly in quanitity of med kits done. We restickered them for all the fall sports and they are ready to go for September. Then we had to get bottled solutions and use them to clean the ice box and the heating pad holder. The place is looking spotless and Chris had a meeting so I think he will be pretty impressed when he gets back. Also we went through all the used materials, organized them and then re stocked them fully with all the supplies upstairs in storage. All the shelves are full and mostly everything is clean, we will have to finish up the rest tomorrow. It is a tedious process but definitely something that needs to be done now opposed to the begining of next year, I can only imagine how helpful this is for them when the return to duty in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment