Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day 8

Sports are starting to come to and end at this point of the spring. It is nice for us because we can get out 15 minutes early since teams are not having as long of practices. I got to work on day 2 of the second week of periodization for me in the weight room. Targeting the legs I can already feel it but not a soreness like last time just a good fatigue. Which leads me to the next thing I learned about which was soreness and spasm cycle. I researched what it was and how it works and why it happens. It is basically your bodies instinct reaction to prevent further injury. Also I shadowed Chris on some start to finish diagnosis'. We had a case of a stress fracture so i researched that and found out that woman are much more likely to get stress fractures than men. I got to do a lot today on patients, I wrapped a lot of ice on to athletes and I wrapped a few shoulders dry. I am feeling more helpful each day. I also did some concussion work, I re took the test from an Athletic Trainer's point of view to see what it is exactly trying to get for results and we also talked about the danger of concussions. There is so much more to learn and tomorrow I am going into some of the vitamins and more on stress fractures.

No comments:

Post a Comment