Sunday, May 16, 2010

Day 6

Saturday was my second day of doing games. I got into the Athletic Training Room around 11 am. The first thing I did was put the waters out. There was only one game so I only had to do 2 waters and one ice box. Kelly and I cleaned up the weight room and sanitized a bunch of weights. Chris and I then went back to my leg injury and we found the root of the problem and made a plan to solve it. I know I am learning things because we are able to use so much new medical vocabulary every time we discuss things now. We talked about modality which is treatments you can do in the Athletic Training Room such as stim, icing, exercise, heating, and ultra sound. We knew my leg injury was deep in the tissue so we decided to use ultra sound. Chris explained that based on the injury we had to do a longer time period of it and higher volume of it because it is so deep. Chris and I then set out for the Varsity Baseball game. The team didn't play that well but I got to learn a lot about what you are exactly doing during the game. Chris explained that at all times you are "scanning" the field and always checking out what going on. There was injury on Holderness, a kid slid into second base and hurt his arm. Seemed as if he may have fractured it or just a deep bruise. It was good to sit with Chris and talk about some different types of injuries and also talk to a bunch of faculty about my project and explain what I have learned so far. I then gathered the waters and returned to the Athletic Training Room. I waited for a couple teams to return and then I cleaned down the whole room and was able to leave. Tomorrow is my first day off and then its back at it Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment