Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Day 2

Today was easier because I had a better idea for what I was in for. I got to work out my leg that I hurt on Friday playing hockey. It was a deep tissue injury in my thigh so I was able to work in some exercises to help rehabilitate the muscle. Keith and I took the Gator out for waters again, and I must say I am becoming quite a pro at driving it. I then pulled out the ankle taped and must have practice on at least 10 different people's ankles. The heel lock is killing me I can do all the other parts without wrinkles. I did some more inventory with Chris, there is still tons of supplies we have to go for. Chris gave me a dvd on agility drills to improve speed and reaction time. I watched it and learned many tips and new drills to add in to my routine to help prevent myself from being injured while playing sports. Chris and I then sat down and talked more about the business aspect of the Athletic Training Room. We talked about budget and I looked over this entire years records of expenses. I never realized how quick that total can creep up on you and soon enough you are exceeding your budget. The athletic training room needs so many supplies and machines to be successful and productive so it is an expensive place to run. Chris broke down prices of different supplies and modern technology and we talked about what things are good investments and other things that would be great to have but just are not reasonable with the budget. The business aspect is very interesting because it underlies all of the medical treatment that happens in the room.

1 comment: