Thursday, May 13, 2010

Day 4

Oh just another day in the office here at Andover, NH. Its tough work but you have to love what Chris and Kelly do everyday. I am getting the hang of the routine they are in every day now. The waters and clean up is automatic for me now and I am able to take initiative with those things and get them down before they ask. Chris was working on recovery for a torn ACL so with the exercises there are two different types of contraction. Eccentric and concentric contractions are what Chris had me research so I found out the difference and we talked about what type of exercises are each kind. I talked with Chris about some good exercises to do with my body being sore and that got us into the topic of what exactly was sore and why. The key to all diagnosis and treatments and the actual anatomy of the injury. If you can find the stem of the actual injury then you can understand exactly what is hurt and the stretches and rehab exercises are easier because they make much more sense. The muscle was in my forearm called the brachioradialis muscle and it is most likely from hammer curls. I also had to research what delayed on set muscle soreness was. DOMS is basically just the overuse of a muscle that is not used to that type of stress on it. It can usually go away within 72 hours on its on and you can help it by eating healthy and doing light activity to get blood flowing through it. On a more hands on note, I got to practice more ankle tape jobs and I am getting quite good. I was able to also learn how to wrap a shoulder and I actually got to do one on the patient. It is a lot easier than the ankle. I feel a lot more comfortable with the room now that I know where everything goes from doing inventory so I can be a much bigger help to Chris putting stuff away for him. The waters is still the best part of the day because driving the gator is awesome. The days have gotten better and better so far soI look forward to each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment